This article walks you through creating a SQL data source with the Data Source Wizard.
Once you create the data source, it is available to users of Interactive Reports, Analyzer, and Dashboard reports.
- Login to the User Console as an administrator. Click Manage Data Sources. The Data Sources window appears.
- Click the Add icon, then choose Data Source Wizard from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name that identifies your new data source in the Data Source Name field. The following characters are not allowed in Data Source Wizard source names:
- Select SQL Query from the Source Type drop-down menu. Click Next.
- Select a database connection from the list, under Data Connection.
- Enter your SQL Query in the SQL Query text field. Click Data Preview to make sure that your query returns data. The SQL query
select * from CUSTOMERSis shown in this example.
- Click Close to exit the Preview window. Click Finish.
The Data Source Created window appears. You can choose to Keep default model or click Customize model now now to launch the Data Source Model Editor and refine the model. Click OK.