Follow the instructions below to create a log table that keeps history of step-related information associated with your transformation.
- Right-click in the workspace (canvas) where you have an open transformation. Alternatively, press <CTRL +T>. The Transformation Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Transformation Properties dialog box, click the Logging tab. Make sure Step is selected in the navigation pane on the left.
- Under Logging enter the following information:
Option Description Log Connection Specifies the database connection you are using for logging; you can configure a new connection by clicking New. Log Table Schema Specifies the schema name, if supported by your database Log Table Name Specifies the name of the log table (for example L_STEP) Logging interval (seconds) Specifies the interval in which logs are written to the table Log record timeout (in days) Specifies the number of days old log entries in the table will be kept before they are deleted
- Enable the fields you want to log or keep the defaults.
- Click SQL to create your log table. The Simple SQL Editor appears.
- Click Execute to execute the SQL code for your log table, then click OK to exit the Results dialog box. Note: You must execute the SQL code to create the log table.
- Click Close to exit the Simple SQL Editor.
- Click OK to exit the Transformation Properties dialog box.