You can create filters on multiple groups of fields, rather than a single group of fields. Filters with multiple groups are called advanced filters. To create an advanced filter, drag the fields into the Filter Panel and move items into multiple groups by moving them up, down, and indenting them to create a hierarchy.
This example shows how to use a sample database for the purpose of providing a guide to follow. It uses the Order database, which is part of the Steel-Wheels sample data, to build a filter that shows all orders that are less than $500,000 in North American and are greater than $300,000 in EMEA.
Follow these steps to create an advanced filter using the filter created in Add Filters to an Interactive Report.
- Click the down-arrow on Total (Sum) Less Than 500000 and choose Indent.
- Click the down-arrow on Territory Exactly matches NA and choose Move Down.
- Click the down-arrow on Total (Sum) Greater Than 300000 and choose Indent.
- Click the down-arrow on Territory Exactly matches EMEA and choose Move Down.
- Click the down-arrow on the left AND/OR drop-down and choose OR.
- Click Apply Now to apply the filter to your data.
The workspace shows data that either has a Total sum that is less than 500,000 in North America or a Total sum greater than 300,000 in EMEA.