Use the Pentaho Data Integration data source option if you want to create a report that contains data from any step in a PDI transformation. This is particularly useful if you want to create a report that includes data from transformation steps such as Splunk Input or Splunk Output. You must have a report file open in order to proceed, and your data source must be accessible before you can connect to it in Report Designer.
Note: Your data source must not contain multi-select parameters. Data Integration does not accept array parameters; only strings are accepted.
Follow this procedure to add a Pentaho Data Integration (Kettle) data source in Report Designer.
- Select the Data tab in the upper right pane. By default, Report Designer starts in the Structure tab, which shares a pane with Data.
- Click the yellow cylinder icon in the upper left part of the Data pane, or right-click Data Sets. A drop-down menu with a list of supported data source types will appear.
- Select Pentaho Data Integration from the drop-down menu. The Kettle Datasource window will appear.
- Click the round green + icon to add a new query.
- Type a concise yet sufficiently descriptive name into the Name field.
- Click Browse and navigate to your Pentaho Data Integration KTR file.
- Review the imported steps and modify their parameters accordingly, then click OK.
If you want to embed a KTR into a report, do these things:
- Select File/Resources...
- Click Import
- Click the browse button and find the KTR that you want to embed in the report.
- Enter a name for the resource, then make the content type "text/xml".
- In the Data source dialog, replace the full path name to the KTR with the name you gave the resource above.