Follow the below process to connect to a data source in Schema Workbench.
- Establish a connection to your data source by going to the Options menu and selecting Connection. The Database Connection dialog appears.
- Select your database type, then enter in the necessary database connection information, then click Test. When you've verified that the connection settings work, click OK. The database connection information includes the database name, port number, and user credentials. If you don't know what to type into any of these fields, consult your database administrator or database vendor's documentation.Note: The Require Schema check box, when selected in the Options menu, puts Schema Workbench into a mode where unpopulated elements appear in the schema.Note: If you are using an Oracle data source, selecting Require Schema will dramatically improve your Analysis schema load time.
- If you required a database schema in the previous step, you must now define it by going to the Options section of the database dialogue, and creating a parameter called FILTER_SCHEMA_LIST with a value of the schema name you want to use.
Remove Mondrian Data Sources
As you phase out old analysis schemas, you will have to manually remove their data source entries in the Data Source Wizard in the User Console.
- Login to the User Console with administrator credentials.
- On the Home page of the User Console, click Manage Data Sources. The Data Source Wizard appears.
- Click to highlight the data source to be deleted, and click Remove.