If you switch from HTTP to HTTPS, you must also change the BA Server's tokenized fully qualified URL value to accommodate for the new port number. Follow the directions below to change the fully qualified URL.
- Stop the BA Server if it is currently running.
- Navigate to the server/biserver-ee/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/ directory.
- Open the web.xml file with any text editor.
- Locate this element and modify the port number to match your SSL-enabled port number.
<context-param> <param-name>fully-qualified-server-url</param-name> <param-value>https://localhost:8080/pentaho/</param-value> </context-param>
- Save and close the file.
- Start the BA Server and make sure that it is available through HTTPS on the specified port.
The BA Server is now configured to communicate on an SSL-aware port.