Provides instructions on how to migrate your customized data.
Because our system is highly configurable, many customizations can be made. If you've customized files in version 5.0.x of the system, you will need to migrate those customizations over to version 5.1 of the system.
Migrate Your Content
To migrate your content, such as schemas and reports, connect version 5.1 of the BA Server to version 5.0 of the BA Repository. For details, read the Configure Repository article.
Strip Timestamps from default-content Directory Filenames
Remove timestamps from default-content directory filenames so the samples, audit, and operations-mart import properly when the server starts.
- Go to the pentaho-solutions/system/default-content directory in version 5.1 of the server.
- Rename each file so that the basic name is the same, but the timestamp is removed.
For example, if the filename is pentaho-operations-mart-etl-5.1.zip.20140707, remove the timestamp so that the file is renamed pentaho-operations-mart-etl-5.1.zip.
Adjust Custom Hybrid LDAP/JDBC Settings
If you use the Hybrid LDAP/JDBC security configuration option, read the Manual LDAP/JDBC Hybrid Configuration article to learn about the changes and make the necessary adjustments on your system.
Copy JDBC Drivers
For your existing data source connections to work, copy your JDBC driver JARs for all of your data sources from version 5.0 of the system to 5.1. Driver locations appear in the following table. If you have deployed the BA Server on JBoss, follow the instructions in the Use BA Manual Installation for details.
Adjust Memory Settings
Merge Custom Configuration Settings
The configuration files in the following table have been upgraded since 5.0. If you've modified settings in them for 5.0, you will need to find the file in 5.1, then manually modify the settings again.
|analyzer||settings.xml, plugin.xml, analyzer.properties|
Here is how you migrate these files.
- Back up copies of the new configuration files.
- Add your customizations to the new configuration file. If necessary, use the File Diff tool of your choice to compare the old and new versions file to help you find the changes.
Copy Configuration Settings
There are configuration files that have not been upgraded for 5.0, but are typically modified by Pentaho customers. If you have modified these files, copy them from 5.0 to 5.1. The Configuration Settings Reference for BA has a complete list of these files.
Migrate Other Customizations
- Custom scheduler and user settings
- Community plugins you or others have written
- Web applications integrated with BA
Migrate repository.xml file
Migrate the 5.0 version of the repository.xml file to version 5.1 of the system.
- Copy the respository.xml file in system/jackrabbit for version 5.0 of the server to version 5.1 of the server.
- Delete the system/jackrabbit/repository directory from version 5.1 of the server.