Using Analyzer on Impala
These are the minimum requirements for Analyzer to work with Impala.
- Use minimum Pentaho BA Suite EE 5.1 or later.
- Use minimum Cloudera CDH5.x, Impala 1.3.x or later.
- Recommend using Parquet compressed file format for tables in Impala.
- Use Apache Hive JDBC that was distributed as part of the CDH shim.
- Make sure that the JDBC driver is dropped into the BA Server and Schema Workbench directories.
- Turn off connection pooling in Pentaho BA Server.
- Set global order by limit in Cloudera manager.
- In Mondrian schemas, divide dimension tables with high cardinality into several levels.
There are some compiled Mondrian automated test suite results for Analyzer on Impala with OEM Simba, as well as the community Apache Hive driver.