Provides an overview of the process.
To install the DI Server, perform the tasks indicated in the guidepost.
- Prepare Environment: Explains how to create a pentaho user account, create the directory structure, download DI Server files from our web site, install your selected DI Repository database, and set up system environment variables.
- Initialize Repository: Provides information about how to run DDL scripts that create tables for the DI Repository.
- Configure Repository: Provides information about how to configure the DI Repositories on your selected database.
- Specify Connections: Explains how to specify JDBC connections to the DI Repository.
- Start DI Server: Explains how to start the DI Server.
- Next Steps: Indicates what to do after the DI Server has been installed.