In Get Started, you created a simple transformation. Now, you are going to run your transformation locally, which is a local execution. Local execution allows you to execute a transformation or job from within the Spoon on your local device. This is ideal for designing and testing transformations or lightweight ETL activities.
- In Spoon, go to File > Open. The contents of the repository appear.
- Navigate to the folder that contains your transformation. If you are a user with administrative rights, you may see the folders of other users.
- Double-click on your transformation to open it in the Spoon workspace. Note: If you followed the exercise instructions, the name of the transformation is First Transformation.
- In the upper left corner of the workspace, click Run. The Execute a Transformation dialog box appears. Notice that Local Execution is enabled by default.
- Click Launch. The Execution Results appear in the lower pane.
- Examine the contents under Step Metrics. The Step Metrics tab provides statistics for each step in your transformation such as how many records were read, written, caused an error, processing speed (rows per second) and more. If any of the steps caused the transformation to fail, they are highlighted in red. Note: Other tabs associated with Execution Results require additional set up. See Performance Monitoring and Logging.