Creating Interactive reports is easy to do from the Home page of the User Console. Interactive reports are built by clicking and dragging fields from your data source and on to a report canvas. You can see the report take shape as you drag fields to the canvas, and you can change the layout and format of the report as you go along.
These steps guide you through making an Interactive report.
- From User Console Home, click Create New, then Interactive Report.
- Choose a data source for the report from the Select Data Source dialog box. Click Ok. If no data source is listed in the dialog box, contact your administrator for help.
- To add your first column, click and drag a field from the Data tab in the left pane. Drag the field over the report canvas on the right until a vertical green line appears, then drop the field in place. The field becomes a column in your report.
- Continue to drag and drop fields on to the report canvas until you have all the columns of your report in place.
You can rearrange the order of the columns by clicking on the headers and dragging the columns to the right or left of their current location. When a green line appears, you can drop the column there. You can also resize your columns by selecting the bar to the right or left of the column header and dragging it until your columns are the correct size.
- Click Save As. Type a file name for your report and choose a location to save it in.
Group Data in Your New Interactive Report
You can organize the data in your Interactive reports by grouping it in different fields, such as geographic region, product line, or both. After you get your data organized into groups, you can sort the data by clicking on the arrows that appear next to the group names.
- If the field you want to group by is already a column in your report, click the column header and drag it up above the other headers in your report. Release the mouse button once the horizontal green line appears.
- If the field is not already a column in your report, drag it from the Data tab in the left pane. Drop the field in the space above the report headers.
- If you want to group data by more than one field, you can nest it into a group by dragging the field or column header beneath the original group.
- Click Save.