You can customize interactive reports even more by using Report Designer, the most comprehensive report design tool in the Business Analytics software market. In addition to providing advanced formatting capabilities, Report Designer lets you connect to disparate data sources. Charts and other report elements, including sub-reports, can be added to a basic report. Report Designer lets you:
- Connect to diverse data sources from Pentaho Data Integration transformations, including relational data, analysis, metadata, flat files, java objects, or stream data
- Create and view user prompts, including dynamic cascading prompts
- Add data visualizations such as charts, barcodes, sparklines, survey scales, and more
- Localize reports easily to support multi-lingual deployment with a single report file
- Fine-tune reports using the built-in interactive preview mode
Important: After you customize an Interactive Report using Report Designer, you can no longer edit the report using the Interactive Reporting module in the User Console.
Interactive Reports are saved as .prpti files. Report Designer report files have a .prpt extension. In the User Console, Interactive Reports are displayed with a special icon that differentiates them from reports that are created in Report Designer.
If you want to create a new Interactive Reporting template, you must create it in Report Designer and place the template in the Interactive Reporting templates directory.
For more information about enhancing Interactive Reports and building Interactive Reporting templates in Report Designer, refer to the section Design Print-Quality Reports.