You might need to control when schedules can run, by setting up periods of time to forbid schedules. This shows you how to perform administrative functions, such as system maintenance or managing server traffic during peak usage times.
As an administrator, you may create, run, delete, stop, edit, or resume schedules through the Schedules page in the User Console. After a report is scheduled by any user, an admin may edit, pause, or delete that schedule, as well as change the frequency of the report, change parameters, or adjust email settings. To distribute reports using email, make sure you have configured the email server. You also have the ability to prevent users from scheduling specific files or reports.
You might need to control when schedules can run, by setting up periods of time to forbid schedules. This allows you to perform administrative functions, such as system maintenance or managing server traffic during peak usage times.
Prevent Scheduling of a Single Report or File
All new reports are enabled for scheduling by default, but as an administrator, you can control which files can be scheduled to run.
- From the User Console Home menu, click Browse Files. The Browse Files page appears.
- Browse to the location of a report from the Browse pane on the left of the Browse Files page. The Files pane in the center populates with a list of reports.
- Click to select the report for which you want to deny scheduling, then click Properties in the Folder Actions pane. The Properties window for that report appears.
- Click the General tab in the Properties window, then disable the box next to Allow Scheduling.
- Click OK.
Prevent Scheduling by Setting Blockout Times
Specific times can be designated on the server to block the running of schedules. This allows you to perform administrative functions such as system maintenance or managing server traffic during peak usage times.
- From the User Console Home menu, click Schedules. The Schedules page appears.
- Click the Create Blockout Time button or the green + in the Blockout Times widget on the left side of the Schedules screen. The Blockout Time dialog box appears.
- Choose a Recurrence, Start Time, Duration or End Time, and a Start Date for the blocked out time using the available fields.
- Click OK. If Run Once is chosen as the Recurrence, a dash shows under the Start Times and End Time fields in the blockout list, until the blockout time passes.
Schedule Deletion of Generated Files
As an administrator, you may want to delete older generated files or content in order to free up space in the BA Repository.
- Click on Administration in the drop-down menu on the upper right, then click on Settings. The Settings interface appears.
- To manually delete generated files now, confirm the age of the files to be deleted, then press Delete Now. The generated files older than the specified age are deleted.
- To schedule regular deletion of generated files, press Schedule Deletion. The Schedule Deletion window appears.
- Enter an age for the generated files in the field specifying number of days.
- Choose a time interval for the schedule from the Recurrence list.
- Choose a Start Time and a Recurrence Pattern, as well as Start and End Dates for the scheduled deletion. Click OK.
The Deletion Schedule is created and the generated files older than the specified age are deleted during the scheduled times.
These sections explain how to navigate the Schedules page, how to use the page to create, edit, and delete schedules, and describe reference data on the Quartz Cron engine for scheduling.