To configure Web resource authentication in the BA Server to correspond with your user roles, follow the below instructions.
Note: These instructions are valid across all security DAOs.
- Ensure that the BA Server is not currently running; if it is, run the stop-pentaho script.
- Open a terminal or command prompt window and navigate to the .../pentaho-solutions/system/ directory.
- Edit the applicationContext-spring-security.xml file with a text editor.
- Find and examine the following property:
- Modify the regex patterns to include your roles. The objectDefinitionSource property associates URL patterns with roles. RoleVoter specifies that if any role on the right hand side of the equals sign is granted to the user, the user may view any page that matches that URL pattern. The default roles in this file are not required; you can replace, delete, or change them in any way that suits you.
You should now have coarse-grained permissions established for user roles.