You can develop third-party visualizations and integrate them into Pentaho Analyzer. This section will show you how to create an example KPI Visualization. The example will show you how to generate a simple Key Performance Indicator (KPI) which calculates a minimum, maximum, or average on a single measure across a single level.
In this example, you create this visualization:
This visualization generates a simple KPI that calculates a minimum, maximum, or avage on a single measure across a single level.
- Create a Pentaho BA Server Plug-in
- Define the custom visualization
- Register the visualization with Pentaho Visualization API
- Register the visualization with Pentaho Analyzer
- Restart the BA Server and test the visualization