Download and install your JDBC drivers to your Pentaho servers.
For the BA Server to connect to the BA Repository database of your choice, you will need to download and install a JDBC driver to the appropriate places on the web application server which contains the Pentaho Server(s). The default web application server for the archive installation is Tomcat.
Due to licensing restrictions, Pentaho does not distribute the necessary JDBC driver JARs. This is why you have to download the file yourself and install it.
- Download a JDBC driver JAR from your database vendor or a third-party driver developer.
- Copy the JDBC driver JAR you just downloaded to the pentaho/jdbc-distribution directory.
- Open a cmd prompt and point it at the pentaho/jdbc-distribution directory and do this:
distribute-files.bat <name of JDBC driver JAR>
- Restart your Pentaho Server(s) and Client tools.
- Verify that the appropriate drivers are installed as shown in this table.
|Server or Design Tool||Directory|
|Business Analytics (BA) Server||pentaho/server/biserver-ee/tomcat/lib|
|Data Integration (DI) Server||pentaho/server/data-integration-server/tomcat/lib|
|Pentaho Data Integration (Spoon)||pentaho/design-tools/data-integration/lib|
|Pentaho Report Designer (PRD)||pentaho/design-tools/report-designer/lib/jdbc|
|Pentaho Aggregation Designer (PAD)||pentaho/design-tools/aggregation-designer/drivers|
|Pentaho Schema Workbench (PSW)||pentaho/design-tools/schema-workbench/drivers|
|Pentaho Metadata Editor (PME)||pentaho/design-tools/metadata-editor/libext/JDBC|