Explains how to start the DI Server.
Install License Keys Using the Command Line Interface
- Download the .lic file you want to install.
- Copy your .lic files to the DI Server.
- Navigate to the license-installer directory: pentaho\license-installer
- Run install_license.bat with the install switch and the location and name of your license file as a parameter, like this:
install_license.bat install "C:\Users\dvader\Downloads\Pentaho DI Enterprise Edition.lic"
Modify Tomcat Windows Startup Script
The Tomcat startup script must be modified to include the
CATALINA_OPTS indicates the amount of memory to allocate. It also indicates where Pentaho licenses are installed.
- Make sure the Tomcat web application server is not running by starting the Windows Task Manager and looking for Tomcat in the Applications tab. If the server is running, stop it.
- Use a text editor to open the start-pentaho.bat file, which is in the data-integration-server directory.
- Add the java option pentaho.installed.licenses.file to CATALINA_OPTS. You need to modify setting of CATALINA_OPTS variable by adding the java option. See the following example.
set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xms4096m -Xmx6144m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Dpentaho.installed.licenses.file=%PENTAHO_INSTALLED_LICENSE_PATH%
- Save and close the file.
Start DI Server
Run the startup script for your web application server by launching the start-pentaho.bat file.
Problems Starting the DI Server?
Check out our Troubleshooting Guide for help.