Explains how to prepare your computers for installation.
Install the BA Repository Host Database
The BA Repository houses data needed for Pentaho tools to provide scheduling and security functions. It also stores metadata and models for reports that you create. You can host the BA Repository on these databases.
- MS SQL Server
To install the BA Repository's host database, do these things.
- Check the Supported Technologies section to determine which versions of databases Pentaho supports.
- Download and install the database of your choice.
- Verify that the database is installed correctly.
Install a supported version of Java.
Download and Unpack Installation Files
The Pentaho BA Server software, data files, and examples are stored in pre-packaged .zip files. You will need to manually copy these files to correct directories.
Download the following installation and plug-in files from the Pentaho Customer Support Portal in the archive build folder.
|BA Server Installation File||biserver-ee-5.3.0-dist.zip|
|Dashboard Designer Plugin||pdd-plugin-ee-5.3.0-dist.zip|
|Interactive Reporting Plugin||pir-plugin-ee-5.3.0-dist.zip|
|Pentaho Analyzer Plugin||paz-plugin-ee-5.3.0-dist.zip|
Unpack BA Server Installation File
- Unzip the BA Server Installation file.
- To unpack the file, run installer.bat. The IZPak window appears.
- Read the license agreement, select I accept the terms of this license agreement, and click Next.
- In the Select the installation path text box, enter the place where you want to create the pentaho directory, then click Next.
- A message indicating that a target directory will be created appears. Click Yes.
- When the installation progress is complete, click Quit.
- Navigate to the pentaho directory and create a server subdirectory.
- Move the biserver-ee directory into the server directory. When you are finished, the directory structure should look like this:
Unpack Plugin Files
- Unzip the file.
- Unpack the file by running install.sh.
- In the IZPack window read the license agreement, select I accept the terms of this license agreement, then click Next.
- In the Select the installation path text box, save the file in the pentaho/server/biserver-ee/pentaho-solutions/system directory, then click Next.
- A warning message appears. Click Yes.
- When the installation finishes, click Quit.
Verify Directory Structure
After you have finished unpacking all of the plugin files, the pentaho directory structure should contain these subdirectories.
Set Environment Variables
Set the PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME and PENTAHO_INSTALLED_LICENSE_PATH environment variables. If you do not set these variables, Pentaho will not start correctly.
- Set the path of the PENTAHO_JAVA_HOME variable to the path of your Java installation, like this.
- Set the path of the PENTAHO_INSTALLED_LICENSE_PATH variable to the path that contains your installed licenses, like this.
- Optional: If you are using Instaview, set the path for the MONETDB_INSTALL_DIR variable to the path for the MonetDB location like this.
- Verify the variables have been properly set.
You've finished preparing your environment. Go to Configure Your Repository Database to continue.