- The Pentaho Metadata Editor must be running.
- The Pentaho BA Server must be running.
Follow the instructions to see the example metadata model that is deployed with the BA Server.
- In the main window of the Metadata Editor, go to File > Import from XMI File.
- Navigate to your installation of the BA Server (for example, C:\Program Files\pentaho\server\biserver-ee\pentaho-solutions\, if you used the installer).
There can be several root pentaho-solution folders and each of them may contain one metadata model repository.
- Open the steel-wheels folder and click [MyBusinessModel].xmi where [myBusinessModel] is any name you have given the model.
The .xmi is the repository for Pentaho-related metadata and business views.
- Type Sample Data in the Save Model dialog box. Note: If you see the message, "This model already exists...," click Yes to continue.
This step processes the file and displays the structure of the repository (connections and business models) on the navigation pane on the left.
- Log into the User Console, and click New Report. Notice that the business models (Human Resources, Inventory, and Orders) are displayed.