Explains how to create, save, and run a job.
This section explains how to create, save, and run a job. See Getting Started with PDI for a comprehensive, "real world" exercise for creating, running, and scheduling jobs and jobs.
Create a Job
Follow these instructions to create your job.
- Click File > New > Job or hold down the CTRL+ALT+N keys.
- Click the Design tab. Expand the folders or use the Entries field to view the steps.
- Either drag the entry to the Spoon canvas or double-click it.
- Double-click the entry to open its properties window. For help on filling out the window, click the Help button that is available in each entry.
- To add another entry either drag the step to the Spoon canvas or double-click it.
- If you dragged the entry to the canvas, add a hop by pressing the SHIFT key and drawing a hop from one entry to the other.
- If you double-click it, a hop also appears that connects it to the previous entry.
- When finished, save the job.
Adjust Job Properties
You can adjust the parameters, logging options, settings, and transactions for jobs. To view the job properties, click CTRL+J or right-click on the canvas and select Job settings from the menu that appears.
Save a Job Locally
Follow these instructions to save a job locally on your file system.
- In Spoon, select File > Save.
- Enter the job name in the Save As window and select the location.
- Click OK. The job is saved.
Save a Job Remotely
Follow these instructions to save a job remotely on the DI Server.
- Connect to a database repository.
- In Spoon, click File > Save As. The Job Properties window appears.
- In the Job Name field, enter the job name.
- In the Directory field, click the Folder Icon to select a repository folder where you will save your job.
- Click OK to exit the Job Properties window. The Enter Comment window appears.
- Enter a comment, then click OK. The job is saved.
Run a Job
When you are done modifying a job, you can run it by clicking the Run button from the main menu toolbar, or by pressing F9. There are three options that allow you to decide where you want your job to be executed:
- Local Execution — The job executes on the machine you are currently using.
- Execute remotely — Allows you to specify a remote server where you want the execution to take place. This feature requires that you have the Data Integration Server running or Data Integration installed on a remote machine and running the Carte service. To use remote execution you first must set up a slave server (see the Use Carte Server section) .
- Execute clustered — Allows you to execute a job in a clustered environment.