Explains how to schedule and script PDI content.
Once you're finished designing your PDI jobs and transformations, you can arrange to run them at certain time intervals through the DI Server, or through your own scheduling mechanism (such as cron on Linux, and the Task Scheduler or the at command on Windows). The methods of operation for scheduling and scripting are different; scheduling through the DI Server is done through the Spoon graphical interface, whereas scripting using your own scheduler or executor is done by calling the pan or kitchen commands. This section explains all of the details for scripting and scheduling PDI content.
You can schedule jobs and transformations to execute automatically on a recurring basis by following the directions below.
- Open a job or transformation, then go to the Action menu and select Schedule.
- In the Schedule window, enter the date and time that you want the schedule to begin in the Start area, or click the calendar icon (circled in red) to display the calendar. To run the transformation immediately, enable the Now radio button.
- Set up the End date and time. If applicable, enable the No end radio button or click on the calendar and input the date and time to end the transformation.
- If applicable, set up a recurrence under Repeat.
End date and time are disabled unless you select a recurrence. From the list of schedule options select the choice that is most appropriate: Run Once, Seconds, Minutes, Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly.
- Make sure you set parameters, arguments and variables, if available. Click OK.
- In the Spoon button bar, click the Schedule perspective.
From the Schedule perspective, you can refresh, start, pause, stop and delete a transformation or job using the buttons on the upper left corner of the page.