To design an aggregate table, you must first establish a connection with your target relational database, then select the OLAP model to optimize. You can connect to any relational database that is supported by Mondrian. In some instances, you may need to define additional parameter-related values for your JDBC driver.
To define a data source connection...
- In the Pentaho Aggregation Designer tool bar, click Connection to open the Connect to Data Source dialog box.
- Click Configure. The Connection Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Connection Name field, enter a name for your connection; this is a free-text field. A connection name uniquely defines a connection.
- In the Connection Type list, select a database.
- In the Access list, keep the default choice, which should be Native (JDBC).
- In the Settings section, type the host name of the database server into the Host Name field. In the Database Name field, type the name of the database you're connecting to. In the Port Number field, enter the TCP port number. Optionally, in the User Name and Password fields, type the user name and password used to connect to the database.
- Click Test. If the settings you typed in are correct, a success message appears.
- Click OK.