Indicates how to use Spoon to assign permissions to use or manage database connections.
You may have several connections to your data that you do not want to share with all of your users. When connected to the DI Server, Spoon gives you the ability to make your data visible to only the users and roles that you specify. You can assign permission to allow users and roles to read, write, or delete the connection. You can also delegate the ability to assign these permissions to another user or role.
Connection definitions are stored in the DI Repository. The Spoon Repository Explorer enables you to browse the available connections and select the one for which you want to assign permissions.
- From within Spoon, click on Tools > Repository > Explore. The Repository Explorer on [Your_DI_Repository_Name] dialog box appears.
- Select the Connections tab.
- Select the connection for which you want to assign permissions.
- From the User/Role area, select the user or role for which you want to assign permissions.
- Check the permissions you want to assign to the selected user or role.
Selection Selection Result Read For this user or role, the connection appears in the connection list and can be selected for use. If users or roles have permission to read a transformation or job but not to a referenced database connection, they cannot open the transformation or job and an error message appears. Write This user or role can edit the connection definition. Delete This user or role can permanently remove the connection definition from the list.. Manage Access Control This user or role can assign read, write, and delete permissions to other users or roles.
- Click Apply.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.