Your Pentaho Welcome Kit contains license keys stored in .lic files. Each Pentaho product has its own .lic file. If you did not receive your welcome kit, or if you have lost the .lic files, contact your Pentaho support representative. If you do not yet have a support representative, contact your Pentaho sales representative.
Install License Keys
- Copy your license files to a convenient location.
- Log into the User Console. The first time you log in, the console takes you straight to the license page to install Pentaho licenses.
- Click the Add button (+), then browse to the license files that you want to install. Double-click the license to install it. The full User Console appears after the Pentaho BI Platform license is installed.
- Repeat the previous step until all needed licenses are installed.
Update and Delete Old License Keys
When license keys change, expire, or you purchase new Pentaho products, you may have to update the license keys.
- Copy your new license files to a convenient location.
- Log into the User Console.
- Click on Administration in the drop-down at the top-left of the page, then click on Licenses. The Licenses panel appears.
- Click to highlight the expired license, then click the Delete button (x) to delete the license. When prompted, click Yes to delete
- Click the Add button (+), then browse to the license file that you want to update. Double-click the license to install it.
- Repeat the previous steps until all needed licenses are updated.