The set of instructions below is an example of how to build a concept.
- On the main page of the Pentaho Metadata Editor toolbar, click (Concept Editor).
- With the Base concept selected in the Concepts list, click (Add nested concept. Name this concept, Number.
- Make sure Number is selected in the Concepts list. Note that the properties from Base has been inherited by Number.
- Add a Mask property to Number, with a value of $###,##0.00.
- With Number selected in the Concept list, add another nested concept called ID.
- Select ID in the Concepts list, find the inherited Mask property (under Settings).
- Click (Override) and enter an override value of 0 (zero) for the mask. Note: You now have three defined concepts that can be used anywhere in your business model. Each concept serves a different type of business object; Base for default, generic columns, Number for those columns you know contain numeric financial data, and ID for ID columns.
- Click OK to save the concepts.