There are only a few last things you need to do, and then you are done configuring the Pentaho design tools.
- Document how you have configured the tools. When you get a newer version of Pentaho, this helps you decide which tools need upgrading and how to configure the upgraded tools if necessary.
- Share how to start the tools with team members who may need to use them. Here is the documentation for the design tools.
- Print-Quality Reports Tutorial using the Report Designer
- Design Print-Quality Reports using the Report Designer
- Work with Relational Metadata Data Models using Metadata Editor
- Work with Mondrian Multi-Dimensional Data Models using Schema Workbench
- Optimize Mondrian Data Models using Aggregation Designer
- If you want to use the DI Server and Spoon for ETL processes or to connect to a Hadoop Cluster, please go configure them now. This way they will be ready to use when you need them.
- If you don't want to configure the DI Server and Spoon, but you still want to configure different Pentaho components to connect to a Hadoop Cluster, go to Set Up Pentaho to Connect to a Hadoop Cluster.
Work with Big Data tells you how to use big data as a data source.
The topics at the end of these sections contain administration instructions for the design tools.