Explains how to schedule a job.
The Enterprise Edition of the DI Server provides scheduling services that allow you to schedule the execution of jobs and transformations in the future or on a recurring basis. In this example, you will create a schedule that runs your Sample Job every Sunday morning at 9 o'clock.
- Open your sample job.
- In the menubar, select Action > Schedule. The Schedule window appears.
- For the Start option, select the Date, click the calendar icon. When the calendar appears, choose the next Sunday.
- Click OK.
- Under the Repeat section, select the Weekly option. Enable the Sunday check box.
- For the End date, select Date and then enter a date several weeks in the future using the calendar picker.
- Click OK to complete your schedule. Note: The scheduler includes full support for PDI's parameters, arguments, and variables. For more detailed information on scheduling options, please refer to Schedule and Script PDI Content.
- To view, edit, and manage all scheduled activities; select Schedule in the Perspective dropdown of the main toolbar. In the Schedule perspective you can view a list of all schedules along with information such as when the next scheduled run will take place, when the last run took place and its duration and who scheduled the activity.
- If the scheduler is stopped, you must click Start Scheduler on the sub-toolbar. If the button appears with a red stop icon, the scheduler is already running. Your scheduled activity will take place as indicated at the Next Run time. Note: You can also start and stop individual schedules by selecting them in the table and using the Start and Stop buttons on the sub-toolbar.