Shows you how to create a connection to the Pentaho Repository.
Transformations, jobs, and schedules are stored in the Pentaho Repository. Create a connection to the DI Server if you want to access these things, or use the DI Operations Mart audit feature.
- Make sure that your Pentaho Repository is running.
- Select Tools > Repository > Connect to open the Repository Connection window.
- If a connection to the Pentaho Repository has not already been created:
- Click Add(+). The Select the repository type window appears.
- Select Pentaho Repository (Recommended) and click OK. The Repository Configuration window appears.
- Modify the URL associated with your repository if necessary, then click the Test button to ensure that the URL is properly configured. If the test fails, make sure that the port number in the URL is correct. (If you installed the DI using the Wizard, the correct port should appear in the installation-summary.txt file. The file is in the root directory where you installed DI.)
- Click OK to exit the Success dialog box.
- Enter an ID number and Name for your repository.
- Click OK to exit the Repository Configuration window. Your new connection appears in the list of available repositories.
- To connect to the repository, enter the user name and password for the repository, then click OK.