You can develop third-party visualizations and integrate them into Pentaho Analyzer. This section will show you how to create an example KPI Visualization. The example will show you how to generate a simple Key Performance Indicator (KPI) which calculates a minimum, maximum, or average on a single measure across a single level.
In this example, you create this visualization:
This visualization generates a simple KPI that calculates a minimum, maximum, or average on a single measure across a single level.
To extend a custom visualization, perform these actions in order:
- Create a Pentaho BA Server Plug-in.
- Define the custom visualization.
- Register the visualization with Pentaho Visualization API.
- Register the visualization with Pentaho Analyzer.
- Restart the BA Server and test the visualization.
Here is a group of related links to take you through the process.