The instructions below explain how to parameterize an Analyzer report.
This process only applies to dashboards which include parameterized Analyzer reports. You must have an Analyzer report with a query parameter in it in order to proceed.
- In Analyzer, choose a field in your report to which you want to link, then right-click and select Filter. The Filter dialog box opens. In the example below, data will be filtered by Territory.
- Enter a name for the parameter in the Parameter Name text box and click its corresponding check box to enable it.
- Select the values you want associated with the parameter. Use the arrow buttons to add and remove values.
- When finished, click OK to save your selections and close the Filter dialog box. Be sure to save your report.
- In the upper-left corner of the report, you can see that a filter is in use. Optionally, click the Edit (pencil) icon to make changes to your filter, or the Delete ('X') icon to remove the filter.
- Create a dashboard and drag the Analyzer report into a panel. The name of the parameter appears in the lower portion of the dashboard under Parameters.
- Add a filter to the dashboard based on the parameter you created in your Analyzer report. The filter appears in the dashboard.