In instances when you want to work on your model and may not have access to the Pentaho Server, you can save your security information in a file. The Pentaho Metadata Editor will retrieve your settings from the file instead of accessing the server every time you open your domain.
- Follow the instructions in Define Security Settings.
- After you click Test, all of the XML between the <content></content> tags, including content the tags themselves, is provided in the XML dialog box.
- Copy then paste this XML code into your favorite text editor, and save the file as metadata_security.xml in a location of your choice.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Click the File tab in the Security Service dialog box.
- Browse to the file that you just saved.
- Click OK to exit the dialog box.