This guide comes with a set of sample web pages which demonstrate the ways to integrate Pentaho Server functionality and content into your web application. It also describes the techniques used by the various samples, so when following this guide, we recommend you deploy the samples on your Pentaho Server.
Prerequisites: This guide assumes you have a correctly installed and configured the Pentaho Server running locally on your machine. It also assumes you know how to start and stop the server if necessary. Please refer to the following sections for help with installing, configuring and administering the Pentaho Server:
Locating the Samples
The integrations samples are available on the Pentaho Customer Support Portal.
- On the Customer Portal home page, sign in using the Pentaho support user name and password provided in your Pentaho Welcome Packet.
- Click Downloads, then navigate to the Pentaho GA Release which matches your version of the software.
- On the bottom of the Pentaho GA Release page, in the Box widget, click the SDK folder and download the pentaho-sdk- 7.0.0.zip file. The readme file contains the information for deployment.
Deploying the Samples
To deploy the samples to your Pentaho Server, follow these steps:
- Stop the Penthao Server.
- Run SDK > Installer.bat (or the corresponding script for your OS) to uncompress these two folders to your selected location: the integration-examples folder and platform-plugins.
- Copy the integration-examples directory to your
- Open the platform-plugins directory and copy these two folders: example-visualization and oem-tools.
- Paste them into the
- Restart the Pentaho Server.
The samples are deployed and can be accessed by opening a web browser and navigating to http://localhost:8080/integration-examples.
If you want to access the OEM tools, browse to http://localhost:8080/pentaho/conten...web/index.html.
If you want to access the example-visualization, look under the Charts menu in Analyzer. It will be listed as Example KPI.