Use the Marketplace to download / install and share plugins developed by Pentaho and members of the user community. The Marketplace presents a list of plugins, indicates whether they have been installed, and displays other information about the plugin, such as where to obtain technical support. Access Marketplace from the Help menu in Spoon.
- Start Spoon.
- Select Tools > Marketplace. The PDI Marketplace window appears.
- The name of the plugin appears in the Detected plugins section of the page. Note which plugins are installed. You can filter the list by typing the name of the plugin in the Detected Plugins textbox.
- Click the name of the plugin to expand it. Information about the plugin, including the documentation, source code, and support information appears.
- Click Install this plugin.
- The Progress Information dialog box appears, indicating the operation is in process. When the plugin has been successfully installed, a message appears indicating that you will need to restart your client, which is Spoon.
- Click OK.
- Restart Spoon.
- To verify that the plugin was installed, open the PDI Marketplace window again. The plugin is listed as installed. The plugin should appear in the logical place in the Spoon interface. For example, if the plugin that you install is the CMIS Input plugin, it will appear in the Design tab in the Output Steps category.
To learn more about Marketplace, visit our wiki.
View Installed Plugins and Versions
PDI has plugins that are installed by default. You can also add plugins using the Marketplace, which is explained in detail in the Install a Plugin from the PDI Marketplace article. To view the plugins that are installed and their versions, complete these steps.
- Select Tools > Show plugin information .... The Plugin browser window appears.
- Installed plugins are filtered by type. To view the different types, select one from the Plugin type drop down menu.
- When complete, click the Close button to close the window.