After defining your data source, you must select the cube you want to use for defining and building aggregate tables.
To select a model...
- In the Connect to Data Source dialog box, under OLAP Model, select Mondrian Schema File.
- Click the ellipsis (...) to display a file dialog box.
- Browse to locate and select your Mondrian schema file (SteelWheels.mondrian.xml if using sample data), then click OK.
- Click Apply. The Cube list is populated with a list of cubes defined in your schema.
- Select the Mondrian cube you want to optimize, then click Connect. When the Pentaho Aggregation Designer establishes a connection, it runs several validation tests to ensure that your database structure is ready to support aggregate tables. A validation summary dialog box appears with a list of test results. If you see an error message, contact your database administrator.