There are a number of ways that you can customize the appearance of your company's PDFs that are exported from Analyzer. For example, Analyzer PDF exports can be personalized with a company logo and a cover page, or you can change the default font used to generate PDFs.
PDF Logo and Cover Page Customization
You will need to replace a couple of image files in order to customize the cover page and company logo for your Analyzer PDF exports. These image files need to placed in the /pentaho-solutions/system/analyzer/resources/ directory. You then need to update analyzer.properties with the names of these images given to the keys below. If the file names are left blank, then no images are used.
- PDF cover image: renderer.pdf.cover.image
- PDF logo image: renderer.logo.image
Setting a Default Font for PDF Exports
When displaying data in Analyzer, your reports will use the default browser fonts. However, the PDF export function may not have the same fonts available to it when creating a PDF from your Analyzer report, resulting in output that doesn't look the same way in PDF format as it does in the browser. The default font for PDFs is Helvetica, but you can specify any TrueType font or collection to replace it. Follow the instructions below to specify a different font for PDF exports.
If you have localized your schema in a language that uses a multi-byte character set (most Asian languages fit into this category), this process is required to make PDF output appear without errors.
- Stop the Pentaho User Console and Pentaho Server.
- Navigate to the /pentaho/server/pentaho-server/pentaho-solutions/system/analyzer/ directory and open the analyzer.properties file with any text editor.
- Uncomment the renderer.pdf.font.path line.
- Replace the value of this line with the TrueType font or collection that you want to use as the default. If you are specifying a collection, you must put a ,1 after the font name, as shown in the above example. This does not apply to individual fonts (TTF files).
- Save and close the file, and restart the Pentaho Server.
Your PDF exports from Analyzer should have the font you specified.