Perform the following steps to start the Pentaho Server.
The Pentaho Server is located on the Pentaho-provided Tomcat web application server. How you start the Pentaho Server depends on your operating system, Windows or Linux.
- Run the startup script for the Tomcat web application server by launching the appropriate file for your environment:
- From a workstation, open a web browser and enter the URL:
http://localhost:8080/pentahoto access the Pentaho User Console (PUC). If your server has a different hostname or port, replace '
8080'with your specific values.
- Enter your user name and password and click Login to open PUC. The first time you log on, PUC will prompt you to install a license.
The first time you log on, PUC will display the License page. You must enter licenses.
- Click the Add button (+) and then browse to the license files that you want to install. Typically, the license files are unpacked in the
/pentaho/serverdirectory. Double-click the license to install it.
- Repeat the previous step until all needed licenses are installed.
Additional license installation methods and instructions are located in Manage Pentaho Licenses.