For Pentaho Analysis data sets, such as OLAP and OLAP (Advanced), you can create MDX queries by specifying a Mondrian cube definition schema file.
You must be in the Data Source Configuration window to follow this process. You should also have configured a JNDI data source connection.
Perform the following steps to add a MDX query:
- In the Data tab, right-click on Data Sets and select one of the following options to access the Pentaho Analysis Data Source Editor window:
- OLAP > Pentaho Analysis
- OLAP > Pentaho Analysis (Denormalized)
- Specify a Mondrian cube definition schema file for Pentaho Analysis Schema File. You can use the Pentaho Schema Workbench to create this file.
- Select your data source in the Connections pane on the left, then click the round green + icon above the Available Queries pane on the right.
- Type a concise yet sufficiently descriptive name for your query in the Query Name field.
- Type an MDX query into the Query pane on the right. See About Multidimensional Expression Language for more information on MDX.
- Click Preview to view the unformatted query results.
- Click OK to finish working on the query.