- Standardizes in cross-cutting areas, such as data and visualization, but also on lower-level areas, such as configuration, localization and services.
Promoting common idioms in these core areas is advantageous in several ways:
- allows other APIs to focus on their actual core concerns
- increases interoperability between components of different frameworks, and between applications and components
- reduces the number of abstractions that developers need to learn
- leads to uniformization across APIs, components and applications
- communicates best practices
The APIs are organized as follows:
A range represents an interval on an underlying ordinal domain. It denotes a subset of a base domain.