- Get Started with Analyzer
- Create an Analysis Report
- Display the Member Properties of a Field or Level
- Add Filters to an Analysis Report
- Use Fields in Analyzer
- Use Measures in Analyzer
- Set Analysis Report Options
- Export an Analysis Report
- Advanced Topics
Use Analyzer to create visualizations and analysis reports from your data. Analyzer has an easy-to-use, web-based, drag-and-drop design environment which can be used by anyone who wants to dynamically explore data and drill down to discover previously hidden details.
Before you can use Analyzer, you must have access to a data source. Only system administrators can create data sources. The data source for Analyzer is based on the Mondrian multidimensional data model. The Mondrian data model enables you to choose which dimensions and measures you want to explore in your data.
Get Started with Analyzer
Display and work with data in Analyzer through panels. For example, you can view and work with Steel Wheels data in the Analyzer panels by performing the following steps:
- From the User Console Home page, click the Browse Files button. In the Browsing pane, click to expand the Public folder, then click to expand the Steel Wheels folder.
- In the center pane, double-click on European Sales. The Opened page appears with the Analysis report. Click the Add More Fields and Rearrange Fields icons on the toolbar to expand the Available Fields and Layout panels.
Item Name Function Opened view Displays quick access buttons across the top to create and save new Analysis reports, Interactive reports, and Dashboards. Opened reports and files show as a series of tabs across the page. Available Fields and Layout panels Use the Available Fields and Layout panels to drag levels and measures into a report.
Your report displays changes in the Report Canvas as you drag items onto the Layout panel.
Delete a level or measure from your report by dragging it from the Layout panel toward the lower right corner of the Report Canvas. As you drag it, a trash can icon appears in the lower right corner of the canvas.
Report Canvas Shows a dynamic view of your report as you work to build it. The look of your report changes constantly as you work with Available Fields and Layout panels to refine it.
The Report Canvas shows different fields based on the chart type selected.
Analyzer Toolbar and Filters Use the Analyzer Toolbar functions to undo or redo actions, hide lists of fields, add or hide filters, disable the auto-refresh function, adjust settings, and change the view of your report.
Use the Filters panel to display a list of filters applied to the active report, or edit or delete filters.
See our list of common problems and resolutions.