As you explore Pentaho Business Analytics, you will be introduced to the major components, watch videos, work through hands-on examples, and learn about the different features.
Go at your own pace. Feel free to dig into the documentation or to contact Pentaho sales support if you have questions.
This section is divided into four parts that will help you get familiar with Business Analytics:
- Tour the User Console and create your first reports
- Explore and learn data source basics
- Learn about Report Designer
- Discover more about Pentaho Business Analytics
Tour the User Console and create your first reports
If you have installed the trial download on your laptop or desktop machine, you are ready to get started exploring. If you have the software installed on a server, and want to use your machine to point to it, see Develop your BA environment for details.
|Tour the User Console||
|Create Your First Reports and Dashboards||
|Schedule Your Report||
Explore and learn data source basics
After you define a data source, you can make it available to other evaluators so they can create reports and analysis by simply picking the data source from the data source list. Any number of reports can be created using a single data source.
|Create Your First Data Source||
|Choose Data Source Types|
|Create Your First CSV Data Source|
|Refine Your Data Source Model||(Optional) Edit your evaluation data source model using the Data Source Model Editor.|
|Inline Model Editing||
|Learn about Streamlined Data Refinery||
Learn about Report Designer
These resources will help you get familiar with the Report Designer interface, and guide you through the creation and publishing of a print-quality report.
|Explore the Report Designer Interface||
|Report Designer Workflow Overview||
|Create Your First Report||
|Refine the Look of Your Report||
|Add a PDI Data Source||
Discover more about PentahoBusiness Analytics
- The Pentaho Analyzer, Interactive Reports, and Dashboard Designer plugins provide in-depth details about creating eye-catching business intelligence deliverables for your user community.
- The Products section of our documentation contains a large number of topics on working with the Pentaho Suite. Here you can learn about defining data models, fine-tuning your reports, how to create print-quality reports, or work with big data.
- If you are a system administrator, check out the Pentaho configuration and Pentaho administration sections. Both have details on configuring and administering your Pentaho Server using the User Console, as well as a section on the variety of things you can do to maintain your server manually.