- Pentaho 7.1 or later
- Cloudera CDH5.x, CDH 6.1, Impala 1.3.x or later
- Recommend using Parquet compressed file format for tables in Impala
- Recommendations for the Hive and Simba drivers. The driver to use depends on the
Scenario Recommended Driver Pentaho 8.3 or later with the CDH 5.14 shim Impala JDBC Connector 2.5.43 Cloudera driver. Pentaho 8.3 or later with the CDH 6.1 driver Impala JDBC Connector 2.6.4. Cloudera driver. Pentaho 9.0 or later with the CDH 6.1 driver Impala JDBC Connector 2.6.4. Cloudera driver.
- Make sure that the JDBC driver is dropped into the Pentaho Server and Schema Workbench directories
- Turn off connection pooling in Pentaho Server.
- Set global order by limit in Cloudera manager.
- In Mondrian schemas, divide dimension tables with high cardinality into several levels
NoteAs with any data source, the performance of Pentaho Analyzer on Impala will be dependent upon the data shape, Impala’s configuration, and the types of queries. See the best practice, "Pentaho Analyzer with Impala as a Data Source" located at: https://support.pentaho.com/hc/en-us/articles/208652846 or download the PDF.
There are some compiled Mondrian automated test suite results for Analyzer on Impala with OEM Simba, as well as the community Apache Hive driver: